Buy Drain Cleaner or Hire a Plumber?
5 Reasons To Hire a Wichita Professional Drain Cleaner to Fix a Clog
It can be a big headache to find yourself with a stubborn clog. It causes more problems than stopping water from draining down. It makes daily tasks difficult. You may be tempted to reach for the quickest solution possible. But there are many reasons why you should not use one of those drain cleaners you can buy at the store.
Our team at Frederick Plumbing, Heating, & Air Conditioning knows all too well how much of a problem a clog can be to a home. And we understand the frustration of waiting for it to get cleared out before you do laundry or shower. But if you are considering using drain cleaners as an option, think again.
Drain cleaners are dangerous chemicals and not very effective.
Do Drain Cleaners Work?
When it comes to solving a clog immediately, a drain cleaner can work to get the water moving in your pipes again. But the problem is these chemicals are not intended to be regularly used.
Drain cleaners are only a temporary solution. If you use drain cleaning chemicals too often, it can cause damage to your pipes, and this can lead to more problems in the future.
Which chemicals are in Drain Cleaners?
The most common chemical you will find in drain cleaners is hydrochloric acid. This acid can produce harmful fumes, especially when mixed with other chemicals like bleach or ammonia. Hydrochloric acid is corrosive to skin and eyes on contact. Therefore, if any leaks out of the bottle onto your hands, you could suffer chemical burns on your skin.
All those warning labels are on drain cleaner bottles for a good reason. If you keep any drain cleaners in your home, you need to store them in a safe place away from pets and children.
Drain Cleaners Do Not Work on All Clogs
Chemical cleaners are only effective on certain types of clogs. They are not very effective on clogs made by hair or grease balls. Not only that, but a drain cleaner does also does not get to the root cause of the clog.
Drain cleaners are notorious for leading to a cycle of slow drains. This happens because these solvents will quickly flow past the obstruction once the water is flowing through. That means parts of the clog will remain in your plumbing system, leaving your drain prone to further clogs.
If you use these chemical cleaners too much, you can damage your pipes and plumbing system. Its strong chemicals may be harmful to the metal piping of your drains and septic tank.
Got a clog you need fixed now? Call the Wichita plumbers at Frederick Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning at 316-262-3713.
Drain Cleaning Chemicals Hurt the Environment
Drain cleaners are bad for the environment because those harsh chemicals will make their way into our water system. This can hurt animals and plants that live in nearby rivers and lakes and cause groundwater contamination.
How Would Hiring a Wichita Plumber Be Better & Safer?
A professional plumber like those at Frederick Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is trained to use chemicals properly. We have protective gear that most homeowners don’t. We have been relied upon to solve Wichita’s plumbing problems since 1918!
With over a century of experience handling clogs and plumbing repairs, you can trust our team to keep your home safe from dangerous chemicals. Our plumbers will be able to thoroughly clean your drain pipe and also will spot any other plumbing problems you may be having.
5 Benefits of Professional Drain Cleaning Service
- Your Clog Will be Completed Cleared: Professional Plumbers like those at Frederick will not only fix your clog, they will make sure there are no other problems in your pipes.
- Home and Occupants Will Be Safe: By trusting a plumber with the job, you will not have to worry about using harmful cleaning chemicals nor have the concerns of even just having them in your home. Plus, a quality plumber will clean up any mess after the job is done, so you can trust that the space will be free from dangerous chemicals.
- Have Home Peace of Mind: Using a drain cleaner like Drano is not likely to solve your problem completely. You may be left wondering if the clog is really cleared out. By hiring a plumber, you can trust your drain is completely cleared and cleaned.
- Any Other Issues Are Handled: Sometimes a clog cannot be handled by a store-bought drain cleaner. If there is a tree limb or other massive obstruction, no chemical can fix that. An experienced plumber will spot the cause of your problem and fully fix it.
- You Can Save Money: It may sound surprising but hiring a professional may be cheaper in the long run. An experienced plumber will make sure your drain runs perfectly. So not only will you save on not buying drain cleaner now, but you can also expect to save money on future problems that the cleaner couldn’t fix.
The Right Material for a Big Clog
Professional drain cleaning companies use safe technology that you can’t easily purchase anywhere else.
There is a tool called a Hydrojet that is a specialized high-pressure hose that blasts away blockages and other residues. Once applied to a drain, hydro jetting can blast in many directions to remove clogs.
Professional Drain Cleaning Service in Wichita, KS
If you have a stubborn clog, skip the Drano and call the plumbers Wichita has trusted for over a century! Frederick Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning delivers complete plumbing repair services for homes and businesses.
Call on the expert drain cleaning plumbers at Frederick Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today at 316-262-3713 or send us a message for service online.